Friday, July 3, 2009

If I were a particle of sand in the Sahara desert...


This piece of poetry describes the empty feelings that rise in me sometimes making me wish that I was as unnoticeable as a particle of sand in the Sahara desert!

If I were a particle of sand in the Sahara desert
I would have danced along with the wind
Twirling and twirling the way it wants me to
No burden, no responsibilities on my head

I wouldn't care about the menacing sun
Or the cold and starless nights
I wouldn't care about the heavy rains
Or the animals that crawl over me

I'll be just like the million other particles
Each individual; unnoticeable and ordinary
But this is why I wish to be:
A particle of sand in the Sahara desert!




3 comments:

  1. i absolutely love it. I mean, I have never been a poet or anything but I use to always "collect" poetry because its amazing for someone to conceptualize exactly how you are feeling on paper. I enjoyed this poem so much because sometimes it truly feels like I wanna disappear from life because there are so many things that can weigh you down and try to take you over that its just.....ugh..u know? I seen your post on facebook and Im following you now!


    check me out @ http://youspeakonit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx a billion u guys, ur comments mean a world to me!

    ReplyDelete