Thursday, July 16, 2009

The other side of the page



I won't say that this is one of my best works, but behind these words are really strong feelings! It is to curse all those people who in search of power, forgot all about value of a human life! This piece of poetry is all about a longing to hear of no more demises! A longing to switch on the TV one day and find out that everything is absolutely fine! A longing for peace!


I looked at the page, expressionless!

Eying the pictures that have haunted us,
for so long!


I see explosions and destruction!
I see dictators and prisons!
I see guns and bullets!
I see innocent soldiers fighting,
For a so-called noble cause!

I ran my hand through the page

Numb with tears and innocent blood!
The tips of my fingers recoiled,

At the effect of these thorny images!

The page which depicted the choices
They made,
Those heartless power-hungry beasts!

They said they had no options, no other way!

But only if they would have,
Looked the other way
Considered the options which,
They kept ignoring.

Things would have been different!

I would be sitting here,
looking at the other side of the page
which was glinting and warm!
I would be looking at the golden words
Which spelled the beautiful word PEACE!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kaibee, thanks for visiting my blog.

    I'm with you in hoping that this world becomes a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you did, so I can read some of your posts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete